As promised, here is the announcement of all things AUMC Youth Summer. Attached is the calendar, permission form for events that require registration, and the new medical form. Every medical form on file expires at the end of May, so everyone needs to turn in a new one. (Our secretary, Joan, is a notary so you can turn it in to me un-notarized and I will have her take care of it.)
A few things to highlight:
1. The first big event is a Summer Kick-Off Lock-In on June 1st! This is for all grades and costs $10. The night begins at 8pm and pick-up is at 7am the next morning. This is an on-campus lock-in.
2. The only events that are separated are Mountasia (middle school only) and Tubing in Helen (high school only).
3. Summer Games camp is being offered twice, June 25-29 and July 9-13. Each week is the same program. Please visit summergamesgeorgia.com for info and registration.
4. Every time the calendar says “Summer Lunch Program” is a day that the Youth are in charge of putting together the lunches. We will need 4-8 volunteers on those days to help!
5. Wing-It Wednesdays are all planned out and each week’s activity is listed on the calendar.
6. “Open Attic” means come hangout for any period of time during the posted times! Bring lunch or a snack, or your favorite board game!
7. Sunday nights: the Attic will be open 5:30-7:30 with Bible Study for all ages happening together from 6-7 in The Attic.
8. Brainstorm Session: this is a time for an open discussion on where we want our youth group to go and what we want to do. We will start having these every couple of months and everyone is welcome!
This might seem to be a lot of information at once, but I like to keep ya’ll informed and hope this helps you plan your summer! If you have any questions about what’s going on, please ask. Have a great day!
Director of Youth Ministries